Requirement Management tools

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Mar 11 13:27:02 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 7:50 AM Sebastian Huber <

> On 11/03/2019 13:42, Jose Valdez wrote:
> > Concerning the Requirements Management Tool, do you would find useful
> that the tool selected for RTEMS SMP to be compatible with the ReqIf
> standard? What do you think?
>
> An export to ReqIF would be useful I guess. I am not sure if we want to
> use it as an internal format, e.g to manage the requirements.

The commercial tool we have been looking at for a non-RTEMS project with
certification requirements can import a number of formats including ReqIF
and CVS.

My gut feeling is that if Doorstop is sufficient and this becomes an issue,
we can add a ReqIF exporter to it. Chris already mentioned to me privately
that adding a Rest output format to it would be desirable so we get the
Requirements documents in our native documentation format rather than in
just its own HTML reports.

In general, if we adopt Doorstop, we will find ourselves helping improve it
to suit our needs.

--joel