GSoC Proposal : BeagleBoard project

Vijay Kumar Banerjee vijaykumar9597 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 07:08:59 UTC 2019

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 7:27 AM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 31/3/19 5:05 am, Vijay Kumar Banerjee wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 5:09 PM Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org
> > <mailto:gedare at rtems.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     Remember you can submit your "Final" proposal many times on GSoC
> site.
> >     I made a few comments just regarding the 'public' view of your
> >     project. I think the technical plan looks reasonable, and leave it to
> >     the potential mentors to steer your technical path.
> >
> >     Gedare
> >
> > Thank you for reviewing the proposal. I have made the changes according
> to the
> > comments and also have uploaded the final proposal in the summer of code
> site.
>
> How will this be tested?
>
> The target is to get a console on display. To test each step, I was
planning to write some
tests like to test the EDID reading, we can write a test that returns the
EDID reading if the
display is detected, or an error if it's not there.
I think this point is very important and not very clear to me yet. Do you
have any suggestions
on testing each part of the project and if possible, include them in the
testsuite?

> Is https://github.com/littlevgl/lvgl of any value?
>
> I had a brief look and this looks really great and can be a nice addition
to RTEMS.
I think this will go in the "future improvements" (?)