GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Sun May 26 11:49:49 UTC 2019

Hi Sebastian, Gedare

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 8:11 PM Gedare Bloom <gedare at gwmail.gwu.edu> wrote:

>> >Which repository? I have already cloned the rtems-libbsd.
>>
> >Get to understand how to use babeltrace. Try some small examples.

 I tried tracing example given here
https://lttng.org/docs/v2.10/#doc-tracing-your-own-user-application. This
example generates the CTF data. I have attached all the files in case if
you want to try them out. After that, I used babeltrace to read the CTF
data and print it in text format. I have also attached the
output("babeltrace CTF.png") of the command line.

I used "babeltrace ~/lttng-traces/my-user-space-session*" command line to
read the CTF data.

> >NB: not all features mentioned in babeltrace docs are supported yet. It
> is best to try things out and dig in.

Okay

>>> No, that would be to slow.
>>>
>> Okay
>>

> Babeltrace is written in Python3. If you use it to convert Trace files,
> you can interface to it from python, or there are C/C++ bindings.

Okay Thanks

> Can you please configure your email application not to color the quoted
> reply? (Even better, use plain text email rather than HTML.)

Sure