GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu May 30 09:48:12 UTC 2019

----- Am 30. Mai 2019 um 9:08 schrieb Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com:

> Hi Sebastian,
>
> I talked to babeltrace community and come to the conclusion that current
> stable version 1.5.6 of babeltrace is not capable of converting live trace
> stream data into CTF.
>
> This feature is currently in development and will be released in babeltrace
> 2.0.

Ok, great, so this is the first result of the activity. Could you please update the ticket with this information. Maybe add a link to the corresponding mailing list thread.

> If we are able to store the current traces in the disk then I think we
> convert it to CTF later.

We should focus on a custom converter that can transform TCP streams and files with record items into CTF. Since this program runs on the host, you can also use GPL or LGPL software. Maybe you can ask on a lttng mailing list if they have some tips, e.g. explain your problem with a link to the ticket.