GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu May 16 09:24:35 UTC 2019

On 16/05/2019 11:05, Ravindra Kumar Meena wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Thanks for the clarification. I had one approach in my mind(direct
> generation of CTF) which seems failed now.  Now, how should I convert
> the trace data into CTF?
>
> I looked into the codebase. I think these are the below files that we
> have to work with.
>
> grep -r rtems/record.h --include='*.[ch]'
>
> cpukit/include/rtems/confdefs.h:    #include <rtems/record.h>
> cpukit/libtrace/record/record-server.c:#include <rtems/record.h>
> cpukit/libtrace/record/record-sysinit.c:#include <rtems/record.h>
> cpukit/libtrace/record/record.c:#include <rtems/record.h>
> cpukit/libtrace/record/record-userext.c:#include <rtems/record.h>
> 5/arm-rtems5/xilinx_zynq_a9_qemu/lib/include/rtems/confdefs.h:
>  #include <rtems/record.h>

The record data format is described in
cpukit/include/rtems/recorddata.h. If you think this documentation is
insufficient, unclear and needs to be improved, then please do this as
part of the project.

With the Qemu simulation you set up during the project proposal, you are
able to get a TCP stream of record items from the Qemu target to your
host. You also have an example client which sorts this stream,
determines the timestamps and prints the items.

Your job is now to convert the record item stream into a CTF stream.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de