GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 08:14:14 UTC 2019

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 12:51 PM Sebastian Huber <

> In case the application is an RTEMS application running inside Qemu,
> then of course babletrace will have problems to understand the record
> item steam since it is not in CTF format. We have the following situation:
>
> [ RTEMS application with event recording running on Qemu ]
>      <- TCP stream of record items ->
> [ babeltrace ]
>
> What we probably need is something like this:
>
> [ RTEMS application with event recording running on Qemu ]
>      <- TCP stream of record items ->
> [ custom converter program ]
>     <- TCP stream of CTF data ->
> [ babeltrace ] or [ Trace Compass ]

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. The small example that I showed you
where CTF data was printed in text format using babeltrace. It requires
LTTng-UST. We can't use it because you had already mentioned that there is
a license problem with it.

With LTTng-UST I was able to define tracepoint provider package and
tracepoints in the program. You can follow this link in case if you wanna
have a look at it again.
https://lttng.org/docs/v2.10/#doc-tracing-your-own-user-application

Without the help of LTTng-UST how we will be able to define tracepoints in
the program?

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,