GSoC Project | Basic Support for Trace Compass

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue May 28 08:19:22 UTC 2019

On 28/05/2019 10:14, Ravindra Kumar Meena wrote:
> On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 12:51 PM Sebastian Huber
> <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
> <mailto:sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de>> wrote:
>

>     In case the application is an RTEMS application running inside Qemu,
>     then of course babletrace will have problems to understand the record
>     item steam since it is not in CTF format. We have the following
>     situation:
>
>     [ RTEMS application with event recording running on Qemu ]
>          <- TCP stream of record items ->
>     [ babeltrace ]
>
>     What we probably need is something like this:
>
>     [ RTEMS application with event recording running on Qemu ]
>          <- TCP stream of record items ->
>     [ custom converter program ]
>         <- TCP stream of CTF data ->
>     [ babeltrace ] or [ Trace Compass ]
>

> Okay. Thanks for the clarification. The small example that I showed
> you where CTF data was printed in text format using babeltrace. It
> requires LTTng-UST. We can't use it because you had already mentioned
> that there is a license problem with it.
>
> With LTTng-UST I was able to define tracepoint provider package and
> tracepoints in the program. You can follow this link in case if you
> wanna have a look at it again.
> https://lttng.org/docs/v2.10/#doc-tracing-your-own-user-application
>
> Without the help of LTTng-UST how we will be able to define
> tracepoints in the program?

Defining tracepoints in RTEMS applications is currently outside the
scope of this project. You should really focus on the things mentioned
in ticket:

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3696

The primary goal is to convert the record item stream into something which Trace Compass understands. As a first step, you can simplify this to: convert the record item stream into a CTF stream which babeltrace understands.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de