sparc-rtems-gdb doesn't recognize target "sim"

Shubham Bhagat shubhambhagat111 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 13 09:36:52 UTC 2019

 Thank you for the help! sparc-rtems5-sis works well for me.
    On Wednesday, 13 November, 2019, 2:46:02 pm IST, Jiri Gaisler <jiri at gaisler.se> wrote:

 On 11/13/19 9:48 AM, Vaibhav Gupta wrote:

You can also use "sis"
  1- Open Terminal 1 and write:
  $ sparc-rtems5-sis -gdb         # It will print 'gdb: listening on port 1234'.         # Note you can define port number with '-port' option.
  2-Open Terminal 2 and write:
  $ sparc-rtems5-gdb hello.exe         # gdb asks for several inputs                 $ target extended-remote localhost:1234                 $ load                 $ r
  Use the notes here: https://github.com/VARoDeK/MyNotes/blob/master/RTEMS/run_a_testsuite.md

Note that the procedure for RISC-V can be exactly the same, usings riscv-rtems5-sis and the RTEMS griscv bsp ..

Jiri.