RFC: Building RTEMS/RISC-V with LLVM/Clang

Hesham Almatary hesham.almatary at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 13 15:32:37 UTC 2019

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 at 14:48, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Hello Hesham,
>
> On 23/10/2019 15:50, Hesham Almatary wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I submitted a RFC patch series to be able to build RTEMS/RISC-V with
> > LLVM/Clang. I'd appreciate your feedback on that.
> >
> > A sample configure line to build RTEMS with LLVM/Clang is:
> >
> > ../rtems/configure --target=riscv-rtems6
> > --enable-rtemsbsp=rv64imafdc_clang  CC_FOR_TARGET="clang"
> > CXX_FOR_TARGET="clang++" AR_FOR_TARGET="llvm-ar"
>
> Could you provide me a 64-bit Linux binary installation of your clang
> toolchain so that I can test it locally?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I0WHOMT2CCkxn_9mz7_WxEXXgCp6yNab/view?usp=sharing

You can you also to build it yourself from source here
https://github.com/CTSRD-CHERI/llvm-project

> > NEWLIB_SYSROOT env variable needs to point to where newlib is
> > installed while configuring/building RTEMS.
>
> To which directory NEWLIB_SYSROOT in the /opt/rtems/5 installation tree
> must this point?

riscv-rtems5. Or the corresponding multilib directory for your RISC-V BSP.

You'll also need to copy or symlink libgcc.a to
NEWLIB_SYSROOT/lib/libclang_rt.builtins-riscv32.a