New Build System Status

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Nov 26 07:18:06 UTC 2019

On 26/11/2019 02:11, Chris Johns wrote:
>> I am saying I have no system to prove it right now. I think it is still needed
>> but can't reproduce it.
>>
>> I don't like removing it quietly without a replacement to detect and report
>> something to a user that X occurred, please report so we know what hosts this
>> happens on.
> What happens with the new build system and waf as it now requires a valid
> python? This is the point Sebastian is making and it is a valid one. We also
> have rtems-tools and libbsd which already exist and have the same issue.

I think this RSB extra Python handling is superfluous. The rtems-tools
are included in the standard RTEMS Tools build. The rtems-tools are
built with waf which uses:

head -n 1 waf
#!/usr/bin/env python

So, if the RSB extra Python handing is necessary, then the rtems-tools
build will fail. I think the waf developers tried hard to meet minimal
platform requirements. It should be all right if we do it like waf.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de