New Build System Status

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Nov 27 11:59:38 UTC 2019

On 27/11/2019 12:49, Hesham Almatary wrote:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> Thanks for that great effort. I'd aim to use this build system for my
> RISC-V development.
>
> I followed the user manual trying to build RISC-V targets and RTEMS
> (aaf7f8b84) and here are a few comments:
>
> * .waf bsp_defaults doesn't give an error when mistyping the BSP name,
> but just outputs an empty .ini file.

If there is no matching BSP, then you get nothing. I think this is the
right thing to do. Doing a

./waf bsp_defaults --rtems-bsps=riscv/rv64imac_medany  > bsps.ini

is not a recommended use case. You should only set the necessary minimum
of options.

> * ./waf complains about not finding gcc if I don't give it the
> --prefix, even though it's in my PATH

Yes, this is currently the intentional behaviour. Should this be changed to

conf.find_program(XYZ, path_list=tools +
environ.get('PATH','').split(os.pathsep))

?

> * dltests fail to build on RISC-V when BUILD_TESTS = True

Yes, this is work in progress. I should work now.

> * Can't find  any "*.exe" after a default build:

Ok, this is a bug, you should find the samples.

> * Can't notice a difference when I pass rtems-compiler=clang, it still
> builds with gcc.

You have to set the compiler in the config.ini file, see latest user
documentation:

https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/sebh/user.pdf

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de