Use YAML configuration files for the build?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Oct 4 13:28:58 UTC 2019

Hello,

I would like to use YAML configuration files for the new build system.
The reason for this is that Doorstop uses this file format and I would
like to maintain the build specification with Doorstop. The problem is
that that a YAML encoder/decoder is not included in the standard Python
library. So, everyone building RTEMS would be required to install the
PyYAML package. On a Linux distribution this should be easily available.
It can be also installed via "pip install pyyaml".

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de