rtems tester: Why does rtems_test_assert() just exit?

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Sat Sep 21 15:09:16 UTC 2019

Most of the failures I see on “beatnik” are detected by “rtems_test_assert()”.  That prints the assertion and calls exit, e.g. on beatnik:

] allocate most of memory - attempt to fail chroot - expect ENOMEM
] ../../../../../../rtems/c/src/../../testsuites/psxtests/psxchroot01/test.c: 126 status == -1
] fatal source: RTEMS_FATAL_SOURCE_EXIT, error code: 0
] bsp_fatal_extension(): RTEMS terminated -- no way back to MotLoad so I reset the card
] Printing a stack trace for your convenience :-)

The failure is detected by the tester when the test platform requests a “tftp” transfer at an unexpected time:

] Subnet IP Address Mask = 255.255.248.0
]
=>  tftp: re-requesting exe; target must have reset
] Network File Load in Progress...
=>  target reset condition detected
=>  target reset: ./power-ctl 1 off-on
] Error Status: 00000081 - File not found.

This takes at least 10 seconds using “motload” and the power switch I’m using.  Why doesn’t "rtems_test_assert()” output something that shows the test failed so that the reset can happen then?

Peter
Peter Dufault

This email is delivered through the public internet using protocols subject to interception and tampering.