What opens stdout? printf() fails after rtems-tester printf() succeeds.

dufault at hda.com dufault at hda.com
Wed Sep 25 11:50:57 UTC 2019

> On Sep 25, 2019, at 01:09 , Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Peter,
>
> did you configure the console driver?
>
> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/c-user/configuring_a_system.html#configure-application-needs-console-driver
>
> --
> Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

> Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
> Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09

Yes, I did.  Below is the configuration, it is very similar to some of the ones in the tests.  I added the RTEMS_TEST_INITIAL_EXTENSION in order to get rtems_tester_printf() to work.

Unfortunately the way the BSP works it copies the downloaded binary to address 0, over-writing the work space for the ROM monitor, so I can't use the ROM monitor debugger to debug the start-up.

I'll locate where the console driver opens file descriptor 1 for "stdout", maybe that will give me a clue.

#include <bsp.h> /* for device driver prototypes */

#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CLOCK_DRIVER
#define CONFIGURE_APPLICATION_NEEDS_CONSOLE_DRIVER

#define CONFIGURE_UNLIMITED_OBJECTS
#define CONFIGURE_UNIFIED_WORK_AREAS
#define CONFIGURE_MINIMUM_TASK_STACK_SIZE (64 * 1024)

#define CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS 256

#define CONFIGURE_POSIX_INIT_THREAD_ENTRY_POINT _POSIX_Init
#define CONFIGURE_POSIX_INIT_THREAD_TABLE

#define CONFIGURE_INITIAL_EXTENSIONS RTEMS_TEST_INITIAL_EXTENSION

#define CONFIGURE_INIT
#include <rtems/confdefs.h>

Peter
Peter Dufault

This email is delivered through the public internet using protocols subject to interception and tampering.