Build Linux: FAILED 5/bsps/atsamv on x86_64-linux-gnu (rtems-libbsd-v816a2f912f414f39467a6be901a96159f806c01d-x86_64-linux-gnu-1)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Apr 7 06:24:38 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-07 15:01, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> I am not sure what we should do with this one. The libbsd is well
> supported on this BSP, however, with default options, the BSP has not
> enough memory to link all the libbsd tests. For this BSP you likely have
> to specify some BSP options to build it for your target.

What options are required to build libbsd for this BSP? If you say it is
well supported a suitable configuration should be possible. The User
manual provides no supporting details.

Hmmm ... I have not looked at this BSP before now ...

... I see there is README and it contains special options I have never
seen before such as `--enable-chip`. I am now wondering how many other
magic BSP options exist? Do you know?

... The README says "Not all variants are tested" but I cannot see what
has been tested? When you are new to a BSP a valid list of what works is
important.

> I suggest to remove this build set.

I am confused so I would rather understand the issue before this is the
solution. Removing the build set will remove the problem from view.