RTEMS Release Snapshot: 5.0.0-m2004 (02 Apr 2020)

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:48:28 UTC 2020

Hi Chris,
I definitely plan on creating a readme for the repository to help
anyone that is interested.

Regarding the LEON3: I am noticing something with the release that I
don't understand yet.

I am able to build and run a number of ARM BSPs including raspberrypi,
raspberrypi2, beagleboneblack, and xlinx_zynq_a9_qemu
When I build my application for the leon3, most of it appears to work,
but I have a task demo that crashes when I try to print a variable
that is on the task stack. ( task ID, similar to what ticker does )
I went back and ran a number of the testsuite programs on both my
patched QEMU and sparc-rtems5-sis with no problems.
I then cloned the latest rtems-examples git repository and built the
ticker examples using the (obsolete) Makefile. When built this way,
the ticker program crashes as well on both QEMU and SIS.

I'm trying to narrow down the differences by comparing the flags used
to build the testsuite in the build tree vs. my applications and the
rtems-examples repository.

Should I try building the examples with waf?

Thanks,
Alan