RTEMS Release Snapshot: 5.0.0-m2004 (02 Apr 2020)

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Apr 9 01:37:13 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-09 01:48, Alan Cudmore wrote:
> I definitely plan on creating a readme for the repository to help
> anyone that is interested.

Thanks.

> Regarding the LEON3: I am noticing something with the release that I
> don't understand yet.
>
> I am able to build and run a number of ARM BSPs including raspberrypi,
> raspberrypi2, beagleboneblack, and xlinx_zynq_a9_qemu
> When I build my application for the leon3, most of it appears to work,
> but I have a task demo that crashes when I try to print a variable
> that is on the task stack. ( task ID, similar to what ticker does )
> I went back and ran a number of the testsuite programs on both my
> patched QEMU and sparc-rtems5-sis with no problems.
> I then cloned the latest rtems-examples git repository and built the
> ticker examples using the (obsolete) Makefile. When built this way,
> the ticker program crashes as well on both QEMU and SIS.

Can you see a faulting address? Can you attach a debugger to see what
happens? QEMU and SIS can attach gdb. With the SIS use the `target
remote :<port>` command where `<port>` is the port the SIS is listening
on. Then `load` and `run` should work.

> I'm trying to narrow down the differences by comparing the flags used
> to build the testsuite in the build tree vs. my applications and the
> rtems-examples repository.
>
> Should I try building the examples with waf?

Sure, but I am not a LEON or SPARC user so I am not sure what is
happening here.