Missing link on the RTEMS website

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Apr 16 19:44:31 UTC 2020

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 2:20 PM Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 12:37 PM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 1:36 AM Sebastian Huber <
> sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> On 15/04/2020 15:01, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> which is missing:

> just report here or directly update the website somehow?

> point to the wiki and should instead point to the documentation.
> >>

> >> Could you provide specifics? There are a lot of links there.
> >>
> >> I am to fix them if I know what to fix.
> >>
> >> I just hovered over some links.
> >>
> >> Quick Start
> >>
> >> http://devel.rtems.org/wiki/TBR/UserManual/Quick_Start
> >>
> >> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/start/index.html
> >>
> >> Contributing
> >>
> >> http://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Contributing
> >>
> >> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/user/support/contrib.html
> >>
> >> GIT Read Access -> Git Read Access (maybe also move one level up)
> >>
> >> http://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Git#GitAccessforUsers
> >>
> >> https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/eng/vc-users.html
> >

> > I have fixed all these. Do we think all of these pages can be removed
> > from the wiki? Assuming care is taken to fix references to them.
> >
> Yes. Do a search for the page name in the wiki first, or replace the
> wiki content with a link to the relevant docs page for now.

I've done the first one, filed a ticket for Chris to evaluate a Mingw tools
instruction page and deleted a number of pages as a side-effect. I updated
https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3954
<https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3954#comment:1> to show this.

Hopefully someone will take a swing at the others.  I was swinging a
sledgehammer. :)

--joel