porting aio.h to newlib

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Apr 20 23:01:06 UTC 2020

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 5:11 PM Eshan Dhawan <eshandhawan51 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> hello everyone,
>
> RTEMS has the implementation of aio.h.
> But for simplicity it needs to be shifted to newlib.
> where would be the header file added and
> where would be the source code files added??
> Also what would be the other changes that would be required to setup the
> methods ??

You wouldn't be porting the aio implementation to newlib, just moving the
.h file.

The implementation is very RTEMS specific and there is no reason to move it
since it can't be shared.

If our aio.h is portable enough to apply to other environments, then it can
go in the main include directory of newlib.

If not, then it goes under an RTEMS specific directory.

Do you think it is portable or RTEMS specific in its contents?

And before it is moved, we may want to make a sweep to update the D7 page
numbers. That is like a 1993 paper draft of POSIX. :)

--joel