fdt_rw.c: Unchecked return value (CID #1047324) (#3947)

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Tue Apr 21 11:24:25 UTC 2020

On 21/04/2020 11:57, Utkarsh Rai wrote:
> As is suggested in the ticket <https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3947> I
> checked for return value checking in the upstream and it is not present.
> Should I send a patch that checks for the error value (FDT_END)?

Hello Utkarsh,

libfdt is an imported package. Therefore it might would be a good idea
to take a look at the upstream code whether it has been fixed and pull
in that fix (assuming it still has a compatible license).

If it isn't fixed upstream: Feel free to send patches that improve the
code base. Again a special case: Maybe think about sending the same
patch to the upstream sources if the problem still exists there.

Best regards

Christian

embedded brains GmbH
Herr Christian Mauderer