doubts in new RTEMS Test framework

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Apr 23 07:55:10 UTC 2020

Hello Eshan,

thanks for your interest in the new RTEMS Test Framework. It is good
that you ask these questions. It highlights an opportunity to improve
the documentation.

For the test framework you need a so called runner, for example:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/testsuites/libtests/ttest01/init.c

This one is a bit complicated since it tests the framework itself. For
standard test cases we need a generic runner which uses an RTEMS
configuration which enables a broad range of test cases. Please let me
know if you want to work on this, otherwise I can write it for you.

Once you have the runner, you can add test cases in separate files, for
example:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/testsuites/libtests/ttest01/test-eno.c

For a test program you just have to link the runner with the test case
objects.