Release task request for help

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Apr 26 22:17:34 UTC 2020

Hi,

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. I had to take our dog to vet
last Friday and then it was the weekend ... :)

On 23/4/20 4:42 pm, Niteesh G. S. wrote:
> Hello Chris,
>
>     Message: 4
>     Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 14:35:12 +1000
>     From: Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>>
>     To: RTEMS Devel <rtems-devel at rtems.org <mailto:rtems-devel at rtems.org>>
>     Subject: Release task request for help
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I need a script to be used in the release process and I was
>     wondering if
>     a GSoC student would be able to help.
>

> I am willing to help with this. I went through the docs you mentioned.
> I also had a look at the rtems-release-tag script.

Thank you.

> I have a question, why is it shell script instead of python?

Good question. There is no good reason. The scripts date back to 4.11
and shell scripts are a simple means to making something happen.

I would welcome a change to python for these scripts now we have a
clearer view of what we need to do. This would be a project for RTEMS 6
or later and not RTEMS 5.