Release task request for help

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Apr 28 10:21:25 UTC 2020

On 28/4/20 6:26 pm, Niteesh G. S. wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 8:10 AM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
> <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 28/4/20 11:51 am, Niteesh G. S. wrote:
>      >
>     https://github.com/gs-niteesh/rtems-release/commit/8666bcd66066512f91194660817cd42cbb8c76e9
>      > If it is okay for you, then I will send the patch to the mailing
>     list.
>
>     The repos list is now just the package names and the branch script
>     as it
>     is expects the repo name, i.e. .git at the end.
>

> How should I do this? Shall I iterate over all the repos in rtems_repo
> variable
> and append '.git' to the end? This will happen right after the
> declaration of the
> variable.

Yes this is fine.

>     Also the rtems-releases repo needs to be added to the list of repos
>     (and
>     not packages).
>
> Done.
> We should avoid branching this repo, right?

No lets branch it. We might as well be consistent in how we manage repos
in the project. It makes procedures in the eng manual easier, i.e. just
one procedure to cover them all.

>     I think it would be a good idea to be able to run this script which
>     means a way to switch the git clone from ssh to the git protocol. I
>     recently added command line support to rtems-release so I suggest you
>     borrow that code and add an option so you can switch the git protocol
>     and test. I would also add a switch to push, i.e. by default a push is
>     not done.
>
> Should we take the URL from the user similar to how it is done in
> rtems-release
> or just ask if he wants to test? In this case, the user has to just pass
> -t or something
> to cmd line and it would download the sources from git://git.rtems.org/
> <http://git.rtems.org/>

Hmm lets start with an option to switch between the git and ssh
protocols. I cannot see a use case where there is a completely different
location for the repos. If that does arise it can be sorted out then.