Release task request for help

Niteesh G. S. niteesh.gs at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 08:26:40 UTC 2020

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 8:10 AM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> On 28/4/20 11:51 am, Niteesh G. S. wrote:
> >
> https://github.com/gs-niteesh/rtems-release/commit/8666bcd66066512f91194660817cd42cbb8c76e9
> > If it is okay for you, then I will send the patch to the mailing list.
>
> The repos list is now just the package names and the branch script as it
> is expects the repo name, i.e. .git at the end.

How should I do this? Shall I iterate over all the repos in rtems_repo
variable
and append '.git' to the end? This will happen right after the declaration
of the
variable.

Also the rtems-releases repo needs to be added to the list of repos (and
> not packages).

Done.
We should avoid branching this repo, right?

> I think it would be a good idea to be able to run this script which
> means a way to switch the git clone from ssh to the git protocol. I
> recently added command line support to rtems-release so I suggest you
> borrow that code and add an option so you can switch the git protocol
> and test. I would also add a switch to push, i.e. by default a push is
> not done.

Should we take the URL from the user similar to how it is done in
rtems-release
or just ask if he wants to test? In this case, the user has to just pass -t
or something
to cmd line and it would download the sources from git://git.rtems.org/