RTEMS 5 Release status

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Apr 29 00:28:00 UTC 2020

Hello,

We are down to 4 remaining tickets. Many thanks to everyone for all the
hard work getting to this point. It is appreciated.

The remaining tickets need to be closed or moved before I can branch the
repos. The milestone page is ...

https://devel.rtems.org/milestone/5.1

... so please have a look and help if you can.

Release Change Notes
--------------------

Joel has asked for a high level list of changes to be added to the
release information. He would like this to be a community effort.

We have the detailed release notes created from the Trac tickets for the
release so this is suppose to be something high level.

Please create or add to a file called rtems-notes-5.txt as markdown in
the releases repo ...

  https://git.rtems.org/rtems-release/

Either push the changes or send a patch to this list and I will merge
them. I will add support to place this text in the generated README once
it exists. If there is no file at the time of the release no support
will be added.

Tickets
-------

New:

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3962

I will not be involved in this ticket or driving it and will wait for it
to be closed or moved before we branch. Please help.

Assigned:

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2962

This ticket has no owner. Please review this ticket and help out. I
added to the comments that heapwalk with RTEMS_DEBUG fails. Is this
important?

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3813

I am working on this and should have it resolved soon.

Reopened:

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3800

I do not know the status of this ticket or what should happen.

Thanks