RTEMS 5 Release status

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Apr 29 08:00:33 UTC 2020

On 29/4/20 3:57 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 29/04/2020 02:28, Chris Johns wrote:
>
>> Release Change Notes
>> --------------------
>>
>> Joel has asked for a high level list of changes to be added to the
>> release information. He would like this to be a community effort.
>>
>> We have the detailed release notes created from the Trac tickets for
>> the release so this is suppose to be something high level.
>>
>> Please create or add to a file called rtems-notes-5.txt as markdown in
>> the releases repo ...
>>
>> https://git.rtems.org/rtems-release/
>>
>> Either push the changes or send a patch to this list and I will merge
>> them. I will add support to place this text in the generated README
>> once it exists. If there is no file at the time of the release no
>> support will be added.
>
> I added the file based with some initial content
>
> https://git.rtems.org/rtems-release/tree/rtems-notes-5.txt

Excellent and thanks. I will work on integrating them into the Release
notes and release information (README.txt).

Are the TBD areas to be resolved before the release?

Also I have currently backed away from a full markdown for the generated
README.txt. It was creating some issues that require more work than is
needed and it is not critical. It can be revisited as part of the on
going support work.

> on the 4.11 release notes
>
> https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Release/4.11
>
> We should create the notes for RTEMS 6.1 right after the 5.1 release. I
> have trouble to remember all the things which changed in the RTEMS 5
> development cycle. It would be better to update the notes in parallel
> with the development.

I am happy to see this happen.