legacy stack or libbsd

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Aug 5 05:00:08 UTC 2020

On 5/8/20 2:13 pm, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 6:41 PM Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

>>> I have PTP running on libbsd. I currently have no time (ha) to clean up the work
> Is it precisely no time? ;)

About +/- 0, I am not sure which!

>>> and create a patch. It requires some extra support in the score.
>>>
> Is the hacked approach available, or you will get around to it eventually?

I will get back around to it. There are 2 sets of changes. In PTP itself a
change is to add kqueue support because select in libbsd does not support
signals. The PTP code runs a number of timers and they run of an alarm signal.
The other piece of support is to the score to bring in the FreeBSD kern_ntp
support to sit besides the timercounters.

There will be some unresolved issues like RTC driver support. I have this
commented out as I do not need it.

I would like to upstream the code however adding kqueue will trip that interface
on FreeBSD and may be others so I am not sure how much work that will create.