What happens during boot time in terms of scheduling?

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Fri Aug 14 23:04:31 UTC 2020

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 10:51 AM Richi Dubey <richidubey at gmail.com> wrote:

> My god. There's so much that a bachelor's degree does not teach.

This particular one definitely qualifies as an example of Arthur C.
Clarke's Third Law to me. :)

Clarke's Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is
indistinguishable from magic.
Profiles of the Future (revised edition, 1973)

It really is quite simply once you see the end result. There is just an
array of
function pointers in a special section with a start and end symbol. And a
loop to go over them at init time. All built up by the linker based on
dependencies.

--joel