[GSoC 2020]: Need help in writing sed alternative in Python for RSB recipes

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Aug 25 02:07:38 UTC 2020

On 25/8/20 12:34 am, Heinz Junkes wrote:
> Thanks Chris for the explanation. It all makes sense.

My pleasure.

> I stumbled over the following point:
>
> I tested the rc-2 and followed the Quick Guide to Building.
>> To build the tools for the ARM architecture:
>
> ../source-builder/sb-set-builder \
>   --prefix=$HOME/development/rtems/5.1-rc2 \
>   5/rtems-arm
>
> To build the tools, kernel and all packages for the Beagleboneblack:
>
> ../source-builder/sb-set-builder \
>   --prefix=$HOME/development/rtems/5.1-rc2 \
>   5/bsps/beagleboneblack
>>
> After that I tried to build EPICS and ran into the error of a missing header file.
> “librtemsNFS.h could not be found”
> This header file is in rtems-libbsd which I then had to reinstall and build for the target.

I could not find `librtemsNFS.h` but I found `librtemsNfs.h`? ...

$ find . -name librtems\*.h
./cpukit/libnetworking/librtemsNfs.h

> Then I thought about whether a recipe could/should consider this dependency.

The header should be there. I am more concerned about the contents of the that
header ... hmm.

What calls does EPICS use from this file? I suggest it gets reviewed. The
problem RTEMS has long term with the interface in `librtemsNfs.h` is it being
bespoke to the NFS implementation and we may not be able to maintain it in the
future, for example upgrading NFS to NFSv4.

In systems I work on for clients I encourage scripting of some form be used.
Commands hide the implementation details and this lets us (RTEMS) better
maintain compatibility. The scripting can be plain text files or `joel` scripts
or command sequences in another configuration format, for example YAML. You can
directly call shell commands.

To mount a remote disk use:

  mkdir /foobar
  mount -t nfs foo:/bar /foobar