Announce: RTEMS 5.1 Release

Jan.Sommer at dlr.de Jan.Sommer at dlr.de
Wed Aug 26 07:16:08 UTC 2020

Great news and thank you very much for your efforts.
I saw that there is no release tag for 5.1 in the repository. Is this intentional or could you please add one?

>  https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.1
>
> Please follow the release instructions provided by the link.
>
> The RTEMS 5 release is a significant milestone for the RTEMS project with
> many
> years of effort from many people as we continue to improve RTEMS's
> features,
> capabilities and performance while maintaining our stability.
>
> We love to hear about your projects and what you use RTEMS on so please
> let us
> know. You can post on user at rtems.org or you can send Joel or me a private
> email.
>
> If you find a problem please raise a ticket and select the 5.2 milestone. The
> simplest way to create a ticket is to head to the developer Wiki at:

Are there guidelines of changes which are allowed for 5.2?
For example, we might need SPI on a Zynq board and could implement a driver using the SPI-API.
Would this be acceptable as a patch for 5.2 since it shouldn't break any features in the core-API?

Best regards,

   Jan

>  https://devel.rtems.org/
>
> Then click on the "Next (milestone)" link for the RTEMS 5 Release. You will
> need
> an account.
>
> Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the release over the past few
> years.
> This is a community project and without the support of the community we
> would
> not be able to make these quality releases.
>
> Thanks
> Chris
>
> ps: Happy birthday Dad!

Happy Birthday :)