Announce: RTEMS 5.1 Release

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Aug 26 07:24:29 UTC 2020

On 26/8/20 5:16 pm, Jan.Sommer at dlr.de wrote:
> [...]

Not intentional, just forgot to do this. Thank you for pointing it out. I am
looking into it now.

>>  https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/releases/5/5.1
>>
>> Please follow the release instructions provided by the link.
>>
>> The RTEMS 5 release is a significant milestone for the RTEMS project with
>> many
>> years of effort from many people as we continue to improve RTEMS's
>> features,
>> capabilities and performance while maintaining our stability.
>>
>> We love to hear about your projects and what you use RTEMS on so please
>> let us
>> know. You can post on user at rtems.org or you can send Joel or me a private
>> email.
>>
>> If you find a problem please raise a ticket and select the 5.2 milestone. The
>> simplest way to create a ticket is to head to the developer Wiki at:
>>

> Are there guidelines of changes which are allowed for 5.2?

We allow bugs fixes but no new features unless ...

> For example, we might need SPI on a Zynq board and could implement a driver using the SPI-API.
> Would this be acceptable as a patch for 5.2 since it shouldn't break any features in the core-API?

... in a BSP if there is a general agreement and there is no regressions, ie the
change adds and does not change what exists in the BSP.

This hope is to have regular releases.

>> ps: Happy birthday Dad!
>
> Happy Birthday :)

He is 92 and in lock down in Auckland.