CMake support

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Dec 9 12:59:50 UTC 2020

Hello Robin,

you can use whatever build system you want to build your applications.
You can use pkgconfig to get the necessary flags for a particular BSP
installation.

On 09/12/2020 13:50, Robin Müller wrote:
> I also had another question about a specific flag used when linking
> RTEMS executables.
> The link command for the example application is the following:
>
> arm-rtems6-gcc -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard
> -I=$RTEMS_INST/arm-rtems6/stm32h7/lib/include -MMD
> -B$RTEMS_INST/arm-rtems6/stm32h7/lib -Wl,--gc-sections init.c.1.o
> led.c.1.o stm32h7xx_nucleo.c.1.o -o blinky-test.elf -Wl,-Bstatic
> -Wl,-Bdynamic -qrtems
>
> Can anyone tell me the meaning of the -q flag? I did not find anything
> by running arm-rtems6-gcc --help

This flag selects the right GCC specification for RTEMS. It is
necessary, just use it.

If you want to know how it works, you have to learn the GCC
specification format. For a start you can use "arm-rtems6-gcc -dumpspecs".

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de