CMake support

Robin Müller robin.mueller.m at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 09:26:22 UTC 2020

Hi.

I now implemented pkg-config parsing and it works nicely with the tools
given by CMake / kitware. I was able to build the hello application with
the automatic pkg flag parsing for sparc/erc32, sparc/leon3 and arm/stm32h7.
I do not know exactly when this feature was added to be honest. I set the
minimum required version for CMake to 3.15 in my applications (not sure
whether I even use the feature which required this anymore) and have not
set a minimum requirement in the RTEMS support files yet.

It is still possible to disable the CMake PKG parsing and add RTEMS flags
manually for a given BSP by supplying a special define. I am also
considering adding the PKG parse variables to the CMakeCache so they can be
used globally and read in the CMake GUI or with ccmake.

I significantly improved the documentation both in code and in the main
README (primarily about how the build support can be configured and what
configuration options are required, how to get it working etc.)

I have changed RTEMS_PATH to RTEMS. The version number can already be
supplied or set in the application CMakeLists.txt manually and then there
will be no automatic determination. I can disable the automatic version
determination (it would not break the building process, however not having
a valid version number anywhere, either set manually or passed via command
line AND not able to parsing it will of course break the process) if you
think this is a bad idea.

Kind Regards
Robin