How to Get Predefined Capture Records

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Dec 17 06:17:25 UTC 2020

Hello Joel,

On 16/12/2020 22:59, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> First, we have successfully managed to get the user extension and IRQ
> trace records off a target and see them on the host. Now I'm wondering
> how more of the predefined ones get turned on.
>
> In recorddata.h, I see 100s of events defined for standard RTEMS
> operations but there don't appear to be calls which record those
> events. How do those get turned on?

the original plan was to add a wrapper library and then use the GNU ld
--wrap feature:

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2019-August/027574.html

This could be used to map the record events to LTTNG user space events:

https://archive.eclipse.org/tracecompass/doc/stable/org.eclipse.tracecompass.doc.user/LTTng-UST-Analyses.html

> We haven't tried the GCC option -finstrument-functions but that seems
> more geared to user code and wouldn't generate the standard predefined
> events.
This works quite well. For custom instrumentation you can use the
rtems_record_line* rtems_record_caller_* functions.

> How are the RTEMS_RECORD_xxx that are already defined enabled to be
> generated?
There is no out of the box support for them.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de