How to Get Predefined Capture Records

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Dec 16 21:59:39 UTC 2020

Hi

First, we have successfully managed to get the user extension and IRQ trace
records off a target and see them on the host. Now I'm wondering how more
of the predefined ones get turned on.

In recorddata.h, I see 100s of events defined for standard RTEMS operations
but there don't appear to be calls which record those events. How do those
get turned on?

We haven't tried the GCC option -finstrument-functions but that seems more
geared to user code and wouldn't generate the standard predefined events.

How are the RTEMS_RECORD_xxx that are already defined enabled to be
generated?

Thanks.

--joel