[rtems-docs commit] c-user: Generate Timer Manager documentation

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Dec 17 14:49:04 UTC 2020

On 16/12/2020 00:30, Chris Johns wrote:

> I am with Gedare and prefer we all engage in a solution to cross-links in the
> documentation. Maybe that can be a separate topic from the links here and we
> separate the issue into cross-links and these links. I am sure these links may
> appear in places outside of the documentation.
>
> I suggest we provide a bug page link.
I can change the link as soon as we have a bug page link.
> The regeneration link is much harder.
> Could it be explained in words and we avoid a link ....
>
>    For information on updating and regenerating please refer to the
>    How To section of the Software Engineering Manual. The Software
>    Engineering Manual is provided as a part of a release. For development
>    sources please refer to the online development documentation at
>    https://docs.rtems.org.
For a user this is more work compared to just going to:

https://docs.rtems.org/branches/master/eng/req/howto.html

This URL has a clear and generic structure. I don't understand why this link should change. What is the benefit and need to change this structure? There are probably links outside the RTEMS Project which refer to the documents on docs.rtems.org. Anyway, if you want to change the text, I change it.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER
email: sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de