MSYS2 build: header file missing

Robin Müller robin.mueller.m at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 16:15:45 UTC 2020

Hi Jiri,

Okay, I commented out that header on my Windows 10 machine (Version 20H2,
19042.685) and it compiled.

That error was on a different Linux machine when cross compiling the cross
toolchain for Windows (i686 rtems6-arm worked now, so that's nice). Maybe
this #define is also derived from the current OS?
I could try to supply it manually..

Kind Regards
Robin

On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 at 16:35, Jiri Gaisler <jiri at gaisler.se> wrote:

> [...]
>> issues with the SIS tool for sparc-rtems6..
>> But SIS is now also problematic on the Windows machine where I almost
>> managed to build everything.
>>
>> Everything except SIS was built by the RSB and I copied the installed
>> files manually to install them and tried to build a BSP (is there actually
>> some script like do-install which will perform this step?)
>> But now some RTEMS tool is missing (rtems-bin2c):
>>
>> $ ./waf configure --prefix=$RTEMS_TOOLS --rtems-bsp=sparc/erc32
>> Setting top to                           :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/src/rtems
>> Setting out to                           :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/src/rtems/build
>> Configure board support package (BSP)    : sparc/erc32
>> Checking for program 'sparc-rtems6-gcc'  :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/rtems/6/bin/sparc-rtems6-gcc.exe
>> Checking for program 'sparc-rtems6-g++'  :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/rtems/6/bin/sparc-rtems6-g++.exe
>> Checking for program 'sparc-rtems6-ar'   :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/rtems/6/bin/sparc-rtems6-ar.exe
>> Checking for program 'sparc-rtems6-ld'   :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/rtems/6/bin/sparc-rtems6-ld.exe
>> Checking for program 'ar'                :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/rtems/6/bin/sparc-rtems6-ar.exe
>> Checking for program 'g++, c++'          :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/rtems/6/bin/sparc-rtems6-g++.exe
>> Checking for program 'ar'                :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/rtems/6/bin/sparc-rtems6-ar.exe
>> Checking for program 'gas, gcc'          :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/rtems/6/bin/sparc-rtems6-gcc.exe
>> Checking for program 'ar'                :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/rtems/6/bin/sparc-rtems6-ar.exe
>> Checking for program 'gcc, cc'           :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/rtems/6/bin/sparc-rtems6-gcc.exe
>> Checking for program 'ar'                :
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/rtems/6/bin/sparc-rtems6-ar.exe
>> Checking for program 'rtems-bin2c'       : not found
>> Could not find the program ['rtems-bin2c']
>> (complete log in
>> C:/Users/Robin/Documents/RTEMS/rtems-tools/src/rtems/build/config.log)
>>
>> In general the build process on Windows seems to be more "brittle" than
>> on Linux, so maybe installers would be a good idea? I generally installed
>> cross-compilers (e.g. arm-none-eabi-gcc) on Windows
>> using installers (for example https://xpack.github.io/arm-none-eabi-gcc/)
>> and have made very good experience with that.
>>
>> Kind Regards
>> Robin
>>
>> On Fri, 18 Dec 2020 at 12:24, Sebastian Huber <
>> sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:

>>> build RTEMS applications on Windows without having to install MSYS2/MinGW.
>>> It should work with only a Python installation, but I haven't tested this

>>> 82178 Puchheim