MSYS2 build: header file missing

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Dec 18 22:22:04 UTC 2020

On 18/12/20 10:24 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 18/12/2020 11:35, Chris Johns wrote:
>
>>> Since all parts of RTEMS build now with waf I think it is possible to build
>>> RTEMS applications on Windows without having to install MSYS2/MinGW. It
>>> should work with only a Python installation, but I haven't tested this yet.
>> This maybe true In theory but I have not been able to achieve it.
> What was the missing piece?

At a technical level for our tools and building RTEMS I doubt any is missing. At
a practical level you may need git and if you need to build an packages that has
a standard make then you need more than just the tools we create. It was a
comment on that aspect of developing applications than a specific technical
issue with our approach.