Enabling Buildbot 'responsible user' emails.

Amar Takhar amar at rtems.org
Wed Feb 5 21:18:20 UTC 2020

Currently emails sent out directly are limited to Joel, Chris and myself.  This
was setup during a testing phase.

Typically what will happen is if a Builder within Buildbot changes from:

  Working -> Broken
  Broken -> Working

It will send an email to the 'responsible users'.  You can see a list for this
Build here:

  https://buildbot.rtems.org/#/builders/19/builds/47

Click on the 'Responsible Users' tab.

What does everyone think about removing this restriction and simply sending out
emails when a build breaks.  This way the developer who has changed the status
of a build is notified immediately.

This does mean, once all 250 emails are enabled if the build breaks you could
get swamped.

Buildbot does support both Pushover and Pushjet as well.

We also have an IRC channel on Freenode that is #rtems-build where announcements
happen.

Nobody likes getting swamped with emails however we could try it out and see how
it goes.  I do plan on adding the rest of the BSPs at some point when I have
free time.

Amar.