Enabling Buildbot 'responsible user' emails.

Amar Takhar amar at rtems.org
Thu Feb 6 05:31:31 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-05 20:28 -0700, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> I would like it to be a single email to indicate there is a new
> breakage. Enough to indicate "hey go take a look at the full build
> results! something is wrong here"

That's what it does.  Breakage isn't always the same across builds.  Waiting
until the end to send a 'summarised' email would take hours if not a day.  Soon
as the first build is broken the email is sent out.

If we had more hardware to build BSPs in a more parallel fashion this could be
possible right now it's out of our means.

> It should be opt-in to the full results.

That is what submitting source for the repository is.  An opt-in to getting an
email letting you know that your changes have broken something.

It's not very often someone is going to break every BSP.  I'd rather do this and
deal with if and when it's a problem.  The only feasible way that could happen
is if someone doesn't test their build.

The second way is for someone to submit code that requires a tool upgrade.  That
can be avoided by notifying me that the tools need to be upgraded.

Right now all this work is unfunded I do have a design and plan to have the
tools automatically build continuously which would avoid the second problem
entirely.

Amar.