Enabling Buildbot 'responsible user' emails.

Amar Takhar amar at rtems.org
Fri Feb 7 05:01:25 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-06 07:44 +0100, Christian Mauderer wrote:

> Like already said: I'm not against sending the mails. And the situation
> is quite unlikely in RTEMS core. But we should be aware of the
> possibility before enabling such an option.

Agreed and thank you for highlighting this.  While I am sure of how it works I
will be certain to check it to make double sure.

> The alternative could be to have a whitelist that is automatically
> updated by every mail that is sent to the mailing lists. But that would
> require buildbot to support a whitelist and it would require a script to
> get the first "From" header for each mail on the list.

Yes, I had already thought about this when you first mentioned it.  For instance
limiting emails to those who have accounts on trac or are subscribed to our
mailing lists.

> Thanks for all your hard work with buildbot and similar infrastructure.

No problem and thank you. :)

Amar.