rtems-test on BBB hardware (was Re: Enabling Buildbot 'responsible user' emails.)

Amar Takhar amar at rtems.org
Tue Feb 11 22:37:50 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-10 13:05 +1100, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 8/2/20 11:13 am, Amar Takhar wrote:
> > I was going to start with the Beaglebone and do TFTP to load the tests.
>
> I suggest you start with getting rtems-run to run any of the built tests. You
> will need ...
>
> 1. An SD card image with u-boot configured to TFTP netboot. The rtems-boot-image
> tool can make this. You u-boot for the BBB.

Okay I'll check that out.

> 2. The TFTP proxy tool running. This avoids all the tests and rtems-test having
> to be on the same host plus with some changes rtems-test could run parallel jobs
> on real hardware (currently not a priority for me to work on).

I can do parallel tests within Buildbot.  It's what I would do anyway so we can
get proper results printed out and capture logs It's always a linear run in each
'builder'.

> 3. Serial console connections using ser2net. I have a RPi on a USB hub with a
> quick power port that can run the RPi and all my consoles.

Okay thanks.

> > I do
> > have a board design using p-channel mosfets to be able to disconnect the power
> > to each board out of band to handle hard locks.  That's why I went with a custom
> > power supply.  Wish I had the 5-10k for the digital switchable power supplies
> > I'm used to using. :)
>
> I got a cheap one but they still cost. Sorting out the power control can be once
> you can run an executable.

Yeah I know I've looked at my options I'm not going to worry about it for now.
I have my PDU on my rack which an power cycle remotely for now it's just not
silent heh.  I should change the relays in it.

Amar.