rtems.git force push pending

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Thu Feb 13 22:42:40 UTC 2020

> On Feb 13, 2020, at 11:55 , Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Due to some unfortunate mishap, the rtems.git repository needs to be
> rolled back. Anyone who pulled/cloned it since February 12 will be
> impacted, and probably need to re-clone. Most likely, this is going to
> involve a forced push back to commit
> d252e20ab5717afea2ac89543ab4e0d379434bb0

Can you explain this to those of us who are part-time git users?
I pulled during this time frame, so I must "re-clone" or do a "forced push back".

I assume "re-clone" means I "rm -rf" a local repository and, well, "re-clone".
I will need to google to see what a "forced push back" is.

What was the "unfortunate mishap"?  If I were knowledgeable would I know immediately without asking?

Peter