GSOC 2020 project query

Utkarsh Rai utkarsh.rai60 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 18:07:29 UTC 2020

Based on @Gedare Bloom's feedback,  adding memory protection
<https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2904> or enhancing Wi-fi Support in libbsd
<https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/3222> are two projects that I would like to
work upon.

For MMU support I think a lot unmerged PowerPC code is already present, but
since  I would be using BBB I would only be able to use that as a
reference. Is it feasible to start it from scratch?

For Wi-Fi support, I would require an RTL8188 USB dongle along with JTAG (I
have a J-link and am in the process of soldering the headers) for debugging
purposes. I am not quite sure about how to handle the 'hot-plugging' case
in this project it would be very helpful if the project owners could point
me in the right direction.

Regards,
Utkarsh Rai.