SPDX License Identifier Only and Full Copy?

Amar Takhar amar at rtems.org
Fri Feb 21 02:57:32 UTC 2020

On 2020-02-21 12:15 +1100, Chris Johns wrote:

> Does the Linux kernel rules apply to the 2 clause BSD license we have?

I don't think so but I've always included BSD licenses in the file as the
license expressly states that it should be included.  This on top of adding an
SPDX marker.

Also, the nature of 2BSD means anyone can include any file as they wish and use
it anywhere they like.  Not having the license is a pain in this aspect.

Having the license and ID satisfies both aspects any typos or errors are not a
huge issue as it will still be 2BSD.

Amar.