ticket #2970 Add ftw.h to newlib

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Wed Feb 26 14:00:03 UTC 2020

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 7:03 AM Eshan Dhawan <eshandhawan51 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I wanted to know the status of implementation of ftw.h in newlib
> and the dependencies it requires?

FIrst hint is that the ticket is still open. :)

The next is a way to check if it is part of the installed C Library.
Wherever
you installed the tools (TOOLS_PREFIX) for CPU-rtems5

find TOOLS_PREFIX -name ftw.h
CPU-rtems5-nm TOOLS_PREFIX/CPU-rtems5/lib/libc.a | grep ftw

In this case, you will see it isn't there.

> As it could be ported from FreeBSD since it lies under favourable licence

Yep. And this would almost certainly need to be merged into the newlib C
library
with tests added to RTEMS.

Documentation added to the POSIX Users Guide and the tracking spreadsheet
updated.

Just to list all the subtasks. :)

--joel