Build Linux: PASSED 5/rtems-arm on x86_64-linux-gnu

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Feb 27 06:38:11 UTC 2020

On 27/2/20 5:25 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 26/02/2020 23:15, Chris Johns wrote:
>>> Why are the remote repositories reported?
>> It provides the git environment being used. The report needs a repo and I am not
>> sure you can tell which is the source of branch programmatically.
>>
>>> I think we should remove this private and user-dependent information.
>> I have a specific repo I use for these types of publicly posted build ...
>>
>> RTEMS Source Builder Repository Status
>>   Remotes:
>>     1: origin: git://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder.git
>>   Head:
>>    Commit: 14c5cb77132a3e66afab571afbf67dacad433ec3
>
> The Status and Head are very important information. Which remote repositories
> you use should be none of the business of the RTEMS Project. It can leak
> business relationships and project names. We should not do this without asking
> the user. I suggest to remove this part of the report.

I think the repo used is important information especially if someone is wanting
to replicate post results.

Having posted resulted is really great and important so I do not wish to stop
this happening. It is your choice to post the the results from that repo and
posting is not enable by default.

As I said I have a separate machine I run the posted builds from and it is a
read-only copy of the repo. I can update the documentation to highlight this
happens.

You are unhappy and that is fair enough and I am ok with this so I suggest we
wait for others to provide feedback.