ticket #2970 Add ftw.h to newlib

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Feb 27 14:50:16 UTC 2020

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 5:49 AM Eshan Dhawan <eshandhawan51 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Also, Should look into ticket #3642 related to adding function prototypes
> to wchar.h

Make sure what's left to do is always the first step. :)

And make sure you are making progress on a proposal.

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 5:11 PM Eshan Dhawan <eshandhawan51 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 8:50 PM Joel Sherrill <joel at rtems.org> wrote:

>>> What do you think is missing in those? My reading of the POSIX standard
>>> has is implying that
>>> <ftw.h> includes <sys/stat.h> to get st_mode and the stat structure.
>>>
>> Not much related to ftw.h but there are unsupported functions in
>> sys/stat.h which can be added
>> to Newlib

What does your analysis show is missing? The POSIX Compliance document
should be right
but it is always good to know.

For analysis purposes, I would build arm with the xilinx zynq qemu BSP.
Then add on rtems-libbsd.
The methods can appear in newlib, RTEMS base, or rtems-libbsd. Most likely
if it isn't networking
related, it will be in the first two.

But my tracking spreadsheet indicates mknod() is there with networking
which I think sounds odd.

Anyway, the Compliance Guide is a good first cut but may have mistakes.
Start with good information.