Device Tree Blob for Beaglebone Black?

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 20:23:38 UTC 2020

I noticed that the Zephyr RTOS (https://www.zephyrproject.org) uses a
device tree based initialization for all of its BSPs.
For example, here is the top level device tree source for the Adafruit
Trinket M0, which is a very small Atmel Cortex M0 based board:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/master/boards/arm/adafruit_trinket_m0/adafruit_trinket_m0.dts

The rest of the device tree source for common processors and devices are here:
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/tree/master/dts

To me, it looks like they have to develop (or port) and maintain
device trees for each board and device that is supported.

Does that look like a model that RTEMS could use? I'm not sure I
understand everything that deploying such a model implies, or if it
just makes more sense to use the existing FreeBSD or linux device
trees.

Just a thought.. I'm still catching up!
Thanks,
Alan