Suggestion

Christian Mauderer christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Fri Feb 28 12:10:20 UTC 2020

Hello Anmol,

On 28/02/2020 10:49, Anmol Mishra wrote:
> I can see python2 code being used. And as of 2020 python2 has been
> depreciated but I assume everyone is aware of that. Is there any active
> plan to shift the codebase. I am open to discussion for this.

We have the problem that some long living distributions (like CentOS 7)
still only have python2 in the default repositories. So till they run
out of support (year 2024 for CentOS 7) we will have to write our code
in a way that it works with python2 and 3 for everything that is daily
use for a RTEMS user.

We currently have the discussion for some special maintenance tools
whether they can be python3 only.

So as a summary: If you find any tool that works with python2 but not
with python3 it should definitively be updated to work with both
versions. Patches are welcome.

Best regards

Christian

> Regards